Friday, February 15, 2013

Maybelline New York Vivid & Smooth Eye Liner By Eyestudio ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ Review, Swatches and EOTD

I think I am the last person on the earth to try this fabulous Maybelline Vivid & Smooth eye liner pencil. I love soft and creamy liners because they are versatile and easy to use. Honestly speaking, I am not a big fan of pink color but ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ really caught my eye. It is a soft and girlie color that gives my eyes a natural and innocent look. Today I am going to discuss my experience with Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Eye Liner By Eyestudio in ‘Bordeaux Pearl’.

Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner By Eyestudio ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ Review

Price: 215 INR Buy it HERE

Net wt: 1g

Shades available: Pink Pearl, Metallic Silver, Gold, Violet Pearl, Bordeaux Pearl, Olive, Forest Green, Lavender Pearl, Peacock Green, Ocean Blue, Ice Blue.

Maybelline says-

·       Vivid color and smooth application ensure that eyes will never be dull again.
·       Available in 12 stunning shades to match your every mood.
·       So easy to apply, you can now be your own makeup artist.

MBT says-

Maybelline Vivid & Smooth eye liner is a matte black plastic pencil with a transparent cap. It has a colored end that helps in easy identification of the shade in case you hoard many from this range. The lid of the cap is quite tight and can be securely carried around in a makeup bag. The liner was tapered to a neatly sharpened tip when brand new. It enables a comfortable and easy grip unlike few other pencils.

The texture of the eye liner is soft, smooth and creamy. It applies smoothly due to its soft and velvety consistency. It glides easily across the upper lash line without dragging or pulling the skin. It creates a flawless line in a single swipe and provides a subtle line of color. To get a more intense look, I apply a little pressure and swipe it 2-3 times. It allows me to define my eyes effortlessly and apply a flick to the outer corners. It sets into a water resistant and smudge-proof finish after application. The staying power is pretty average. It stays put on my slightly oily lids for a good 3-4 hours after that it starts fading. Due to its creamy texture, the tapered tip wears down rather quickly and I need to sharpen the pencil after using it 3-4 times. It doesn't cause any adverse effects on my skin. The liner can be easily removed using olive oil or an eye makeup remover.

‘Bordeaux Pearl’ is a gorgeous mauve-ish pink with a frosty finish. It contains fine and subtle pink shimmers which are visible only when light reflects. The shimmer stays intact and doesn't tend to fall out. The liner looks fantastic with both soft and smoky looks. It instantly brightens up my eyes and looks quite subtle and wearable. It can be used as an eyeshadow base as well. I cannot speak of my experience with smudging the eyeliner as usually I don’t favor this look. It would look flattering on fair to medium skin tones.

Photos:

Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner By Eyestudio ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ Review

Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner By Eyestudio ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ Review

Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner By Eyestudio ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ Review

Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner By Eyestudio ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ Review

Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner By Eyestudio ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ Review

Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner By Eyestudio ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ Review

Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner By Eyestudio ‘Bordeaux Pearl’ Review

PROS:
      ·       Sturdy and travel friendly packaging.
      ·       Soft and creamy texture. 
      ·       Easy to apply.
      ·       Glides across the skin effortlessly.
      ·       Creates a flawless line in just a single swipe.
      ·       Bordeaux pearl would look flattering on fair to medium skin tones.
      ·       Wide range of shades available.
      ·       Water resistant and smudge proof finish.
      ·       Doesn't cause any skin irritations.
      ·       Can be used as an eyeshadow base.
      ·       Easily available.
      ·       Reasonably priced.

CONS:
      ·       Staying power is pretty average.
      ·       Needs regular sharpening.

Overall Thoughts:
Maybelline vivid & smooth liner has got soft, smooth and creamy texture. It applies really well and glides across the skin effortlessly. It gives a nice subtle line of color with a single swipe. It can be layered up to get a dramatic look. The staying power is pretty average. It stays put on lids for a good 3-4 hours without fading or smudging. Bordeaux pearl is a gorgeous mauve-ish pink color with a frosty finish. It would look flattering on fair to medium skin tones. I shall definitely recommend it to all fair to medium skinned beauties.


Rating: 4.5/5

Have you tried Maybelline Vivid & Smooth eye liner? Which is your favorite shade? Share in the comments below.

Stay pretty!
Megha






28 comments:

  1. Looks like a good product I love Maybelline range very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Radha...They deliver quality products at an affordable price :)

      Delete
  2. color is fab and lovely eotd :)megha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab shade.. I have one gunmetal shade and I use it beneath eyeshadows for smokey looks ... these work great !! Nice review Megha !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! and the skin around your eyes is so moisturized! What do you put?

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Nice shimmer! Not tried it yet....looks great though:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a pretty shade....Do try it Bushra :)

      Delete
  6. This shade is gorgeous indeed but i would love to try a blue, green or a purple... nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks nice even i think maybelline ones have an average staying power.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... this looks just amazing..! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice shade megha , looking pretty on ur eyes, i have tried its voilet shade which wasnt a great choice .
    Visit my blog some time ..
    http://bebeautifulwithpunam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Punam :) This is a pretty n unique shade.
      Heading towards ur blog :)

      Delete
  10. I was about to buy of one of these eye pencils you saved my money!
    i want something longlasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shazia yeah their staying power is pretty average. But looking at the shade i really dont mind its longevity. U can try liquid liners they stay intact for the whole day. :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Megha, I loved your blog. Your pictures are so beautiful and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indeed a gorgeous shade and you said one swipe! wow. I have given up on sharpenable products coz I end up wasting a lot of product by continuously breaking it while sharpening. Tried different sharpeners too but never got a perfect one. By the way, what are you wearing on your waterline? It's sooo black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it gives decent color with one swipe.
      Ohhh then which pencils or liner do u use? Retractable or liquid ones? I use 20 rs sharpener n does its job well.
      I have used Jovees kajal in this Eotd!

      Delete
    2. I use retractable ones. Currently using Chambor and then want to try out Revlon one stroke defining eyeliner. Though you can't figure out how much is left and when to order :) I had also bought a dual sharpener for Rs 20 but that too didn't work for me, just trashed it 2 days ago. I have one more that fits most pencils but there are some still lying that don't fit the hole. I love the retractable ones for the ease and hygiene. Never tried Jovees but it's looking super pigmented :)

      Delete
    3. Ohk. But wont the retractable pencils lose its tip?
      Hahaha! All my pencils fit easily in that sharpener but the mechanical ones lose its shape like I have sharpened this pencil n you can see how it looks now :D
      Nope Jovess is not super pigmented. I had swiped it 2-3 times ;) Try Faces kajal. I love its pigmentation :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog! Your comments are valuable and I always make sure to reply back. Please DO NOT leave links. Comments with links would not be published.

If you want quicker response, shoot me an email at: makeupandbeautytreasure@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...